The Academic Match (AM) program matches student tutors with students seeking weekly help in high enrollment academic subjects. AM provides group tutoring in Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Foreign Languages, Economics, Statistics, and more! AM tutoring groups are led by one tutor. Groups meet for two hours every week.
HIRING Academic Peer Tutors!
The Academic Match (AM) Program is piloting a small paid tutor program in Spring 2021 in partnership with the College of Letters and Science (L&S). We are hiring academic tutors to tutor 1-2 student groups (3-8 students/group) for the following classes in the Spring 2021 semester. Strong candidates can support multiple courses in this list:
- Chemistry 103 & 104 or 343 & 345
- Math 114, 211, 221, 222
- Economics 101, 102, 301, 302
- Biology/Zoology 101, 151, 152
- Physics 103 & 104 or 207 & 208
- Statistics 301 & 371
- Psychology 202 & 405
After signing up to be a tutor, you are matched with a tutee and will receive an email with a day and time assignment, as well as your tutees’ names and contact information. Please understand that not all tutors are used each semester as we work on a supply and demand system.
During the course of the semester, new students may be added to your group. If you would prefer not to have additional students added at any point during the semester, simply inform GUTS of your preference.
About two weeks after you are matched, you will receive a “check-in” email so that you may share any problems you may be having with your group. We are here to support you with any problems or concerns you may have.
- If you need to cancel a group meeting for the week, please contact your students directly.
- Contact the GUTS office for tons of resources, or check out our Resources page!
- Any other questions, comments, upsets, concerns, or complaints? Contact the GUTS Academic Match Staff directly by emailing the coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to hear from you!
Volunteer Tutor Information
Volunteer tutors facilitate small-group tutoring for up to 6 students.
Please fill out the form below to register to be a tutor. Once you submit your registration, our staff will contact you as soon as possible to schedule you for tutor training and match you to a volunteer tutor depending on tutor availability.
Please call or email us with any questions!
Click here to access this form in a new window.