For current tutors and tutees:
- We are transitioning this program to fit an online format
- Please check your email regarding how this program will be moving forward
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutors and tutees MUST not participate in face-to-face contact for any reason. We will be mentioning tutoring alternatives in the emails you receive.
The Academic Match (AM) program matches student volunteer tutors with students seeking weekly help in high enrollment academic subjects. AM provides group tutoring in Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Foreign Languages, Economics, Statistics, and more! AM tutoring groups are led by one volunteer tutor and include no more than six members. Groups meet for two hours every week. Once you submit your registration, our staff will match you to a volunteer tutor as soon as possible depending on tutor availability.
After signing up to be a tutor, you are matched with a tutee and will receive an email with a room, day, and time assignment, as well as your tutees’ names and contact information. Please understand that not all tutors are used each semester as we work on a supply and demand system.
During the course of the semester, new students may be added to your group. If you would prefer not to have additional students added at any point during the semester, simply inform GUTS of your preference.
About two weeks after you are matched, you will receive a “check-in” email so that you may share any problems you may be having with your group. We are here to support you with any problems or concerns you may have.
- If you need to cancel a group meeting for the week, please contact your students directly.
- If you would like to reschedule your group and need a meeting room, we ask that you give us at least 3 days notice.
- Stop by the GUTS office for tons of resources, or check out our Resources page!
- Any other questions, comments, upsets, concerns, or complaints? Contact the GUTS Academic Match Staff directly by emailing the coordinators at email@example.com. We are happy to hear from you!
This program is closed for registration for the rest of the Spring 2020 Semester. Please check again at the beginning of the Fall 2020 Semester!
Please fill out the form below to register to be a tutor. We will contact you within a week to schedule you for tutor training. Please call or email us with any questions! <!– –>